Collections

Skip navigation
Media File
T. H. McAllister
Biography: Optician and cane manufacturer, Philadelphia, Pa., 1842-1860. The firm was listed as McAllister & Co., at 48 Chestnut Street from 1842 to 1855, when it moved to 194 Chestnut Street. Included in the firm were James McAllister (to 1848), W.Y. McAllister, John A. McAllister, and John McAllister, Jr. When the firm moved in 1855, it became McAllister & Brother, and also included T.H. McAllister. Their first ad for stereoscopes appeared in 1855; they also offered magic lanterns. Information corrected to November, 1997; © 1996, 1997 John S. Craig http://craigcamera.com/dag/